Makes 2 quarts (eight 1-cup servings).
2 tablespoons butter
2 large celery stalks, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup diced white onion
4 cups water
1 russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
1 bay leaf
1 15-ounce can cream-style corn (with liquid)
1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn (with liquid)
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
Garnish - minced fresh parsley
1. Sauté celery and onion in the butter for 5 minutes in a large saucepan or stock pot. Don't brown.
2. Add 4 cups of water, chopped potato, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add creamed corn (with liquid), canned whole corn (with liquid), sugar, salt, and white pepper and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Combine flour with half-and-half and stir until smooth. Add this mixture to the soup and simmer for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until thick.
5. Serve by spooning a 1-cup portion into a small bowl and sprinkle a little minced fresh parsley on top.
QUICK & EASY HAM & POTATO SOUP
3-4 medium potatoes
1 medium white onion
1 Slab of sugar cured ham
1 can of evaporated milk (not condensed)
3/4 stick of butter or margarine
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cube potatoes, and cook until almost done. Drain.
Cube onion, sauté in
butter until clear, add salt & pepper. Add cubed
ham, milk (rinse can
with small amount of water, add to mixture)
potatoes, salt & pepper.
Let simmer on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
Great with cornbread or sourdough rolls.
Even better the second day, but never makes enough.
Quick & Easy One Pot Beef Soup. This Is A Great Soup For Cold And Rainy Days.
1 lb ground beef
2 cans Green Beans Regular~(Not French Cut)
1 small yellow onion finely chopped
5to6 potatoes diced in cubes
1 6oz can tomatoe sauce
1-2 1/2 cups water or 1 can beef stock(more or less liquid to your liking)
1 4oz can geeen chiles finely chopped
brown ground beef, add onion, chiles,
cook for 5 minutes until all flavors are melded
In the same pan add green beans tomatoe sauce water of beef stock and potatoes. Cook on low for 3
hours stirring often or on high for 1 1/2 hours
cook until potatoes are soft and tender..
I serve this with a nice hard french bread
(i like to sprinkle mine with freshly grated cheese and some sour cream)
Chilly Cucumber Soup
1/4 cup butter
3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1 and 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup plain yogurt
Salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter in a skillet. Add cucumbers and green onions and saute
for several minutes. Remove from heat and place in a food processor.
Add chicken broth, yogurt and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
Chill for several hours. Serve chilled with fresh dill and sour cream
The Skinny: Use low fat or fat free chicken broth, yogurt and sour
This nutritious vegetable soup is one of the most popular Italian dishes. In Italy, Minestrone's can contain
rice, garlic, tomatoes, dried beans, etc... Each region has its own version. When you cook Minestrone, try to
make a larger quantity because the leftover soup that is reboiled the following day (called "Ribolitas") is even
Ingredients for 4 Servings
1 sm Onion, finely diced
1 lg Carrot, peeled and diced
1 x Celery stalk, diced
2 x Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Tomato paste
4 cups Chicken stock
1 x Bay leaf
1 cup Cabbage, shredded
1/4 lbs Ground beef
1 cup Diced zucchini
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
1. In a large pot, sauté onions, garlic, and beef in olive oil.
2. Add tomato paste, diced carrots and celery. Continue sautéing for 2 minutes.
3. Add bay leaf, then pour in the chicken stock. Simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add shredded cabbage and diced zucchini to the pot, then simmer for 20 more minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve with grated parmesan cheese on the side.
3 - 4 Tbsp oliveoil
2 1/2 onions cutt in slices
80 gramms celeriac-stripes
80 gramms leek slices
80 gramms fennel-stripes
1 garlick toe
1/4 liter dry white wine
2 knife-point safron
1 bay leaf 1 bunch of thyme
1 L clare fish fond
1 1/2 tsp salt
black pepper (mill)
2 cl Pernod
1,2 kg div.Fish
Mussels and prawns
1 tbsp fennel
16 slices Baguette
for the "Sauce Rouille"
1/2 red Paprika
2 Garlick toes
1 slice toast bread
2 Tbsp clare fish fond
10 Tbsp Olive oil
1/4 tsp Salt
1 knife point cayenne pepper
and some black pepper out the Mill
heat the oil in a big pan and add vegetable,
garlick and the cut tomatos and let it cook a few minutes.
then add the white vine,safron,
thyme, the bay leaf and the fish fond; add salt and pernod after 10 minutes . cleaned fish (no
heads and tails) cut in pieces, and Mussels and prawns ,
let all cook for aproxamatly 5 Minutes .
cut paprika garlick and the toast in small pieces,
mix all in a mixer together with the fish fond
then add slowly the oil
Salt and pepper
serve Boullabaise hot in a bowl
and serve the toasted baguette and Sauce in an extra bowl